List:       ilugc
Subject:    Re: [Ilugc] Using Microsoft Anti-Piracy Raids to promote Linux
From:       "Anoop John" <anoopjohn () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-12-26 21:41:41

Although I agree theoretically with what is said on simplymalayalees
forum, I have reservations about the way the argument is put forward.
I run a software company and I agree that people will have to pay for
the work done in creating the software. In a normal market when the
traded volume of a given product goes up the cost of the product has
to come down. It has not happened with windows. The cost has been
recovered several times over. What we see here is the effects of the
Monopoly Microsoft is enjoying in the market. Again my opinion is not
to legally fight the monopoly or to deny microsoft to make the profit
but rather, concerned people should take necessary steps to invigorate
the market by introducing alternative options. That is precisely what
the Linux community is doing.
Here is a more detailed discussion on the above issue
<http://thondomraughts.blogspot.com/2007/12/piracy-is-not-fair-neither-is-monopoly.html>
Cheers
Anoop