List:       ilugc
Subject:    Re: [Ilugc] Re: Bangalorians from ILUGC (???????????)
From:       Mano <manokaran () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-12-25 2:54:06

On Dec 24, 2007 11:01 PM, Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:

>        I have no idea what the numbers might look like, or what the
>  relative benefits to the membership would be like; but most of the
>  discussion I have seen seems to not have delved into the issue of the
>  impact of the decision.  For instance, the statement above that those

People who have been subscribed to this list for more than a couple of years
have learnt to grit our teeth and ignore discussions on this topic - which
keeps recurring every few months!

The fears expressed the first time - that the list will soon be flooded with
posts in 14 languages and that the noise will drown out the signal - did not
turn out to be real. In fact, even Tamil posts are few in number. It was
decided earlier that posts in tamil /other lang would be tagged as such
making it easier to configure your filters.

So, why don't we quit this pointless discussion and keep moving!! If it
comes to a point that the vernacular posts so outnumber the english ones
then perhaps we can have a vote and impose some restrictions. Till then,
live and let live. I guess we all are fighting for a free world, right?

regds,
mano

--
"I disagree with what you have to say but will fight to the death to protect
your right to say it." -Voltaire