List:       ilugc
Subject:    Re: [Ilugc] pdf printing in kubuntu 7.04
From:       shrinivasan <shrini.engg () lucastvs ! co ! in>
Date:       2007-05-29 2:23:28

On Tuesday 29 May 2007 7:16:28 am Vasudevan A wrote:
> hi,
>
> I was searching for method for printing in pdf in kubuntu 7.04 . I
> came across a very simple method. In any website,  or document
> (openoffice or anyother program)  select print to file & add extension
> pdf. The file is saved as pdf file. I think this works in kde only. No
> need to install any printer.
>
> Vasudevan

Eventhough its extension is pdf, it is actually a ps file. (postscript).
To print in pdf, follow the steps,

Mostly, I face the problem in firefox in kubuntu.
I can not print to pdf directly from firefox.
Here is a tip to print to pdf in firefox itself.

File->print.
select "postscript/default" as printer.
select properties.
in "print command" give "kprinter"

now, give print.
It will ask you to print to pdf file.
give the pdf file name and again give print.

your pdf file is ready now.

--
dear,
T.Shrinivasan.

I share My Experiences with Linux, Here:
http://goinggnu.wordpress.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended \
recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any \
unauthorized review, use , disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not \
the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all \
copies of the original message