List:       ilugc
Subject:    Re: [Ilugc] Software to recover EXT3 partitions.
From:       <mbchandar () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-12-27 10:10:54

> > Testdisk is there to save your life :)
> > www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk
> > pickup a liveCD and and run testdisk. and recover the partition table
> > or the files from it.
>
> Thanks a lot. It worked like charm. I was able to restore the partition
> table, install the lilo again and boot.

Good to hear that. i also wanted to let u all know about this utility - photorec

visit http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec

PhotoRec is file data recovery software designed to recover lost files
including video, documents and archives from Hard Disks and CDRom and
lost pictures (Photo Recovery) from digital camera memory. try this :)

---
visit http://dev.balachandar.net for LIVE LINUX HELP
<name> balachandar muruganantham</name>
<தமிழ்>http://www.balachandar.net/pakkangal  - எனது தமிழ் \