List:       ilugc
Subject:    Re: [Ilugc] GUI frontend for existing command line tools
From:       "Toufeeq Hussain" <toufeeqh () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-12-27 8:52:16

Hi,

On 12/27/06, Suresh Ramasubramanian <linux@frodo.hserus.net> wrote:
> Toufeeq Hussain wrote:
> > [1] http://www.gnome.org/projects/NetworkManager/
> > [2] http://www.redhat.com/magazine/003jan05/features/networkmanager/
> >
> > The NetworkManager I'm using is not linked to /etc/network/interfaces
> > in any way.
>
> oh right - the kde analogue of network settings
> am on ubuntu - have to see about using networkmanager

Ah, do give NetworkManager a try. Removes the WEP/WPA hassles out of
the way when it comes to Wi-Fi access.

For kde there's network-manager-kde which is a systray applet which
does the authentication and takes care of maintaining the link. Even
supports (limited) VPN connectivity. :)

-Toufeeq
--
blog @ http://toufeeq.net