List:       ilugc
Subject:    Re: Subject: Re: [Ilugc] GUI frontend for existing command line tools
From:       Girish Venkatachalam <girishvenkatachalam () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-12-26 1:16:44

On Mon, Dec 25, 2006 at 11:18:02PM +0530, baluk wrote:

> people at times have a need for copying/moving  several files ,which are
> inside several folders/locations, to one destination.Would it be possible
> for you develop a gui for the same.

I have never done this shift-click select and move/copy like you do in Windoze under \
linux. I always use command line.

But I know a lot of people who use KDE/GNOME file managers or nautilus to do this. \
Things like drag and drop and other Windoze conveniences are all there under linux \
for those who feel the need for that.

Best,
Girish