List:       ilugc
Subject:    Re: [Ilugc] Madwifi problem
From:       Gilbert Raja <raja_gilbert () yahoo ! co ! in>
Date:       2006-01-29 6:08:21

hi vipen, what is ur kernel version? what is the brand
of ur hardware (pcmca)? athros driver will not support
all the kernel. if u have kernel 2.6.9 u have to
upgrade to 2.6.12 or later.
--- ilugc-bounces@ae.iitm.ac.in <vipintm@au-kbc.org>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I trying to use madwifi for a athros PCMCI card ...
i followed exact
> step in the madwifi.org site ,
> but the hardware entery is not making in the
/etc/sysconfig/hwconf

+============================================================+
> 	Vipin M
> 	Network Administrator,
> 	AU - KBC Research Center,
> 	MIT Campus, Anna University,
> 	Chrompet, Chennai - 600 044.
> 	INDIA.
>
> 	E-Mail : vipintm<at>au-kbc<dot>org
> 	Phone : +91 44 2223 4885 / 2223 2711 Ext: 34
> 	Fax : +91 44 2223 1034
> 	Mobile : +91 98407 88435
> 	YahooIM: vipintm
> 	Msn IM : vipintm<at>hotmail<dot>com
> 	url : http://www.au-kbc.org

Linux poses a real challenge for those with a taste for late-nighthacking (and/or \
conversations with God).- Matt Welsh

Linux is not user-friendly. It _is_ user-friendly. It is not ignorant-friendly and \
idiot-friendly.-Unknown

Waving away a cloud of smoke, I look up, and am blinded by a bright, whitelight. It's \
God. No, not Richard Stallman, or Linus Torvalds, but God. In a booming voice, He \
says: "THIS IS A SIGN. USE LINUX, THE FREE UNIX SYSTEM FOR THE 386." -Matt Welsh

Microsoft isn't evil, they just make really crappy operating systems.
-linus torvalds
Blog:http://getgilbert.blogspot.com