List:       ilug
Subject:    Re: [ILUG] Bridging Cisco EPC2425 to WRT54GS on UPC
From:       Michael Thompson <michaelnt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-01-31 22:14:23

On 30 January 2010 15:54, Patrick O'Doherty <patrick@patrickodoherty.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We recently just had UPC installed in the house and we were issued
> with a Cisco EPC2425 as our modem. I am looking to try and bridge it
> with my existing WRT54GS (running openwrt) as I've heard they can be
> problematic.
>
> Does anyone have any experience with this? My knowledge around this
> area isn't great and any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have the UPC Cisco modem and a WRT54GL connected togther by ethernet,
haven't tried wireless bridging.

The problem I found with the Cisco router is that it wouldn't pass UPNP-AV
broadcast packets from the ethernet interface to the wireless interface, so
I have to use the WRT54GL for the UPNP-AV network.

Michael