List:       ilug
Subject:    Re: [ILUG] ADSL WiFi modem - or not?
From:       Timothy Murphy <gayleard () eircom ! net>
Date:       2010-01-23 1:20:41

On Friday 22 January 2010 20:59:45 Michael Kennedy wrote:

> I've used both approaches, with "geography" being the main factor:

That wouldn't matter in my case, as router and modem
would be in much the same place.

> I might add that, a few years ago, I tried Linksys products, including
> the 54G, on a few occasions, in separate sites - with unacceptable
> stability. Tried firmware updates, tech-support, etc, etc. I've not used
> any of their products since...

I must say my Linksys WRT54GL, running dd-wrt, has served me
exceptionally well for several years.
I found it a little difficult to set up, but that was probably my ignorance;
since then it has worked without a single problem.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net