List:       ilug
Subject:    Re: [ILUG] GPG, CACert Keysigning and PotD in Limerick, 17th Feb
From:       Colm MacCarthaigh <colm () stdlib ! net>
Date:       2007-01-26 17:23:32

On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 04:16:06PM +0000, Robert Fitzsimons wrote:
> > 2 forms of photo ID (passport, driving license)
>
> Are these the only suitable forms of identification?

This entire argument is pointless. People are free to sign each others
keys on any basis they feel like, it is up to the individual
signatories.

I'll sign anyones key, to varying degrees of trust, if;

	* I know them personally

	* They give me a key-id with their e-mail address on it.
	  Since I'll be e-mailing that address the signed key
	  anyway, who cares.

	* They have some kind of government-issued ID which
	  doesn't like a trivial photocopy.

*shrugs*