List:       ilug
Subject:    Re: [ILUG] OpenFiler
From:       jhallam <jhallam () ithaqua ! org>
Date:       2007-01-24 15:45:14

braun,

we use it here.
nothing critical just log files

1.1  is used primarily
installed 2.1 recently to see what i was like.

one minor issue with 1.1, but i believe it to be a controller issue more
than anything.
when doing a large file write sometimes the machine craps out. with some
sort of a sync issue.
it happens rarely enough, but will be moving to new hardare and 2.1 soon.

never could get the user permissions working, even though it sucessfully
joined the domain, everything had to be done via IP restrictions. same
for 2.1

however domain is in mixed mode which might be causing issues with it.

sometimes the IP restrictions went a little off, more so after upgrading
to 1.2, but wiped and re-installed 1.1 and all seemed fine again

havent used 2.1 in anger yet.

its all pretty old hardware, the one gripe i have is neither version
seems to support the gb 3com nic i have.