List:       ilug
Subject:    Re: [ILUG] skype
From:       Braun Brelin <bbrelin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-10-28 14:32:18

I've had serious problems trying to get Skype to work on Linux. It seems
that the programmers used the older OSS sound system rather than ALSA. This
has caused no end of grief. Mainly, it seems to have trouble using the
/dev/dsp device...

I don't know if the Skype folks have fixed the problem...

Braun