List:       ilug
Subject:    Re: [ILUG] SuSE redistribution
From:       Laur Ivan <laur.ivan () corvil ! com>
Date:       2005-04-20 16:26:38

On Wednesday 20 April 2005 13:57, Conor Daly wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 02:56:18PM +0100 or so it is rumoured hereabouts,
>
> Niall O Broin thought:
> > This has been debated here on and off over the years, with varying
> > interpretations of varying SuSE statements. I just now started
> > installing SuSE 9.3 on a box and the license clearly states that you
> > may make and distribute, within and without your organisation,
> > unlimited copies, as long as there is no consideration involved, and as
> > long as it's not in conjunction with the supply of any hardware or
> > other software.
> >
> > Does "no consideration involved" mean that you can't give me a couple
> > of shekels for the media I used? I don't know, and I don't much care.
> > Doubtless some wearers of the pants will jump in here.

I understand from threads:
http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux-e/2005-Apr/1292.html
http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux-e/2005-Apr/1495.html

that there should be no prob in distributing the CDs as long as "money don't
change hands". An interpretation can include the media costs. However, one
can always state that the client brings the media :) (imho)

Cheers,

Laur
--
Irish Linux Users' Group