List:       ilug
Subject:    [ILUG] IPv6 Contest
From:       Patricia Soria de Miguel <patricia.soria () heanet ! ie>
Date:       2004-07-28 13:22:44

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Good afternoon
I have been forwarded some information about this year's IPv6
Appli-Contest by our Gèant colleagues. This may be of interest to you or
to somebody within your institution.
The organisers are keen to attract contributions from European
Universities. Further information is below. The European Commission is
keen for students/researchers (and others) to be made aware of this
contest, although unfortunately one of the deadlines for applying is
fast approaching.
Best Regards,
Patricia
>>> Contact Scott Macdonald at scott@e-side.co.jp
>>>
>>> =============================================
>>> IPv6 Appli-Contest 2004
>>> <http://www.v6pc.jp/apc/en/>
>>> - Grand Prix 1,000,000 JPY!! -
>>> =============================================
>>>
>>> Hallo Wizards,
>>>
>>> The IPv6 Promotion Council of Japan last year held the IPv6
>>> Appli-Contest 2003 - a contest organized with the goal of furthering

>>> deployment of IPv6 by offering motivation for developers to
contribute
>>> ideas and freeware to an open, shared library to be maintained by
the
>>> Promotion Council.
>>>
>>> The contest is again being held this year over the period of June to

>>> September 2004. Allow us to provide you with an outline and request
>>> your participation.
>>>
>>> This year, three entry categories are available:
>>>
>>> 1. Idea Category [Submission Deadline: September 30]
>>>
>>> Entry: upload your "IPv6 idea" in the form of a 2 page proposal.
>>> ANY idea based on the strengths and merits of IPv6 will be
>>> considered!
>>>
>>> Details/Application: <http://www.v6pc.jp/apc/en/idea.html>
>>>

>>> 2. Implementation Category [Registration Deadline: July 30]
>>>
>>> Entry: entry for the Implementation Category is a two stage process
>>> which requires a new or updated/expanded IPv6 software application.
>>>
>>> Advance Registration: [Deadline: July 30]
>>> Advance registration MUST be completed by July 30.
>>>
>>> Software Submission: [August 2 - September 30]
>>> Software submissions will be accepted from registered applicants
>>> ONLY - beginning in early August with a deadline of September
>>> 30.
>>>
>>> Details/Advance Registration:
>>> <http://www.v6pc.jp/apc/en/implement.html>
Patricia Soria
Web/Information Manager
HEAnet Limited
Brooklawn House, Crampton Ave,
Shelbourne Rd, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4
(: +353 1 6609040; Fax: +353 1 6603666
?+: patricia.soria@heanet.ie

"What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?" Vincent
Van Gogh

--
Irish Linux Users' Group