List:       ilug
Subject:    [ILUG] [OT] HELP! Where can I find an IRQ???
From:       Alan Keaveney <alank () compsoc ! nuigalway ! ie>
Date:       2003-06-29 1:03:47

I was all set to order a Matrox Dual_Head Card when in the nick of time an
American Subject pointed out a fatal flaw with this product. You need an
IRQ for it to work! Who would have thought it! And those Matrox Cowboys
don't even provide a 'special' Support site for American Minds to warn the
most technologically advanced race ever to grace the North American
Continental Plate since the Native Americans.

My dreams of using a Matrox Dual-Head AGP Card with a 22" Diamondtron NF
were shattered. I need a IRQ for the card to work with my Komputer
thing-em-abob! Imagine if I didn't read the only review of the Matrox G550
Dual-Head on epinions.com :

	Here's an abbreviated version of the email I sent the vendor, when
	I gave up & decided to return this product:

	Dear (vendor's name deleted -- it wasn't the vendor's fault)

	I would like to return the card you sold me, for a refund. The card has
	provided me only with hours of frustration.

	Name: Don {}
	Account_Number_(if_applicable):
	Customer Number: {}
	Order_Number_(if_applicable):
	Order Number: {}

	Question_or_Problem:
	Requesting RMA to return Matrox G550

	I carefully researched this purchase. I checked out the information from
	Matrox to make sure my system would be compatible.
	http://www.matrox.com/mga/products/mill_g550/home.cfm
	http://www.matrox.com/mga/products/tech_info/mill_g550.cfm
	http://www.matrox.com/mga/products/mill_g550/features.cfm

	However, after following the instructions I ended up with 640x400 & 16
	colors because my new Matrox card had a problem -- it needed an IRQ and
	couldn't find one. Nowhere in their specs does Matrox mention that the
	card will need an available IRQ. Should I have known that a video card
	would need an IRQ? No, since my Diamond Viper card doesn't.

Full UN Security Council Dossier of Evidence against all things Matrox
like at :

	http://www.epinions.com/content_66397245060

I wonder if we can help the American Subjects to prepare a dossier of
evidence against The Peoples Rupublic of Matrox? Does anyone know if Bush
MARK I alpha ever had a problem finding an IRQ for his bedside Dual-Head
Tube, no not Bush MArk II alpha! I mean the Big Coloured thing you look at
that has the Windows Apocolypse Inside TM Logo and flashing red colours of
the "Potentially Will have the technological prowess to Brew Beer" Nations
flashing with the patented "ONE-Click Premptive Nuclear Positive Self
Defensive Potential Axis of Evil Targeted Liberation" Feature.

If Bush Mark X needs an IRQ who will pre-emtively liberate the Free World?

I hope this kind of IRQ problem won't happen with other green things you
hammer into the big green thing inside the metal thing.

If I have to send all those green things back we all should wipe out the
Matrox Plant now. It will save the Americans from having to worry about
those unneccesary rare IRQ things.

If anybody has any Free IRQs please send them to :

	angelsix @ epinions.com

Go on help an American Today, IRQs save lives ...

Alan.