List:       illumos-discuss
Subject:    Re: [discuss] Openstack cinder
From:       "Terry Cowart" <terry.cowart () libertycenterone ! com>
Date:       2019-05-31 20:16:27

--15593337871.BD0F.40921
Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 16:16:27 -0400

There is one but it is specifically for the Oracle Storage Appliance (nfs and iscsi)
https://docs.openstack.org/cinder/pike/configuration/block-storage/drivers/zfssa-nfs-driver.html \
and https://docs.openstack.org/cinder/pike/configuration/block-storage/drivers/zfssa-iscsi-driver.html

The cinder driver also translates the volume creation, deletion, snapshots, \
attachments. etc from a generic openstack api to the underlying storage.

As to the architecture, we are using commercial all flash arrays for primary storage \
over FC.   We would like to use a ZFS server for a lower cost "archival" storage.   \
Primarily for backup workloads.   We can "front end" it with ceph or even lvm, but \
                that will add more complexity and moving parts.   Trying to keep it \
                simple.

--15593337871.BD0F.40921