List:       illumos-discuss
Subject:    Re: [discuss] OPENPOWER support?
From:       Till Wegmüller via illumos-discuss <discuss () lists ! illu
Date:       2018-04-25 9:45:40

Hi

There were efforts to port to arm which mostly works except for drivers.
(There were also some people that developed ports but did not publish
sources)
A port to openpower and/or risc-v would be nice but atm. Nobody has the
time/wilingness/resources to start such an endevour.

Developer/Hardware is simply not present in sufficient quantities in
this community for such an endevour to succeed at this moment.

We would be very happy if you could bring Developers/Hardware for that
endevour.

You will find very helpfull devs in the arm list which will get you
started if you want to develop such a port. I asked about it a few
months ago myself.

Other than that unfortunately nothing.
We are not that big of a community.

Greetings