List:       illumos-developer
Subject:    Re: [developer] Re: USB keyboard does not reconnect
From:       Gary Mills <gary_mills () fastmail ! fm>
Date:       2021-06-25 15:53:59

On Sun, Jun 20, 2021 at 08:14:24PM -0500, Gary Mills wrote:

> My
> suspicion has fallen on a process called hald-addon-storage, mostly
> because there are four of them on a system with an older BE where
> reconnect works, and none of them on a system with a current BE.  The
> hald-addon-storage process has a socket to hald and a door to
> syseventd .  My guess is that this process is necessary for hald to
> see the reconnected keyboard and mouse.  I could be wrong, of course.

Well, I was wrong about that process.  It was a good lead, but turned
out to be a dead end.

Just now, I've run out of leads.  Of course, you will only experience
the problem if disconnect your USB keyboard and mouse, or if you
attempt to mount USB sticks.  As well, it only seems to happen when
X11 is running on the system.

--
-Gary Mills-            -refurb-                -Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada-