List:       illumos-developer
Subject:    [developer] extra eyes are needed for mdns studio cc update:)
From:       "Toomas Soome" <tsoome () me ! com>
Date:       2016-02-24 13:38:27

hi!

re 3661: mDNS update; while the code is building fine with gcc, we found yesterday \
the shadow build with studio was not clean - tbh, I forgot about shadow compiling:)

So, I did build an update on top of mDNS update to clean up studio cc errors, which \
are having roughly 3 root causes:

1. need to use #pragma pack for cc for packed struct/union
2. other types of pointers used where void * was expected
3. complicated inline conditionals x? y : z, where y is normal read-write value and z \
is const - cc [C99 mode] does not allow such cases.

So I did rewrite the constructs cc did not like, to equivalent variants, no \
functional changes.

the diff for studio changes is:

http://cr.illumos.org/~webrev/tsoome/3661-STUDIO/

and the base (posted for RTI) for this diff is:
http://cr.illumos.org/~webrev/tsoome/3661/

with those fixes, the shadow build is clean, and the mdns daemon/client does function \
as before.

thanks,
toomas