List:       ietf-vrrp
Subject:    [VRRP] Different Advert Interval on Master and Backup
From:       Mukesh.K.Gupta () nokia ! com
Date:       2005-03-09 17:28:18

Bob,

I was going to through the VRRPv6 draft and remembered the issue
about the Advertisement Intervals that was raised by Mark Hollinger
sometime back.

Look at http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/vrrp/current/msg00327.html
and also http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/vrrp/current/msg00334.html

I was under the impression that we had updated the text such that
the backup router adjusts its listening timer according to the Master
but it seems we haven't :(

Should we make this change in the draft while addressing the IESG
comments if there are any ?

It is sad to see that the VRRP for IPv4 will still have the problem.

Regards
Mukesh