List:       ietf-vrrp
Subject:    [VRRP] draft-ietf-vrrp-unified-mib-02
From:       "Steve Bates" <Steve.Bates () ind ! alcatel ! com>
Date:       2005-02-28 19:08:59

Hello Kalyan,

A few comments on the draft unified VRRP MIB:

1) In the vrrpOperationsTable examples in section 8 I believe the last two
rows in the tables for both VR 1 and VR 2 need to have their IpAddrs
switched.

For VR 1:

   +----+------+--------+-------+-------+---------+--(..)--+
   | I1 |  2   |   01   |   B   | 1-254 |   Y    |          |
   +----+------+--------+-------+-------+---------+--(..)---
   | I1 |  2   |   02   |   M   |  255  |   X     |          |
   +----+------+--------+-------+-------+---------+--------+

For VR 2:

   +----+------+--------+-------+-------+---------+--(..)--+
   | I2 |  2   |   01   |   M   |  255  |   Y     |          |
   +----+------+--------+-------+-------+---------+--(..)---
   | I2 |  2   |   02   |   B   | 1-254 |   X     |          |
   +----+------+--------+-------+-------+---------+--------+

2)  For consistency with the diagram, in the IP column of the
vrrpAssociatedIpAddrTable c and x should be uppercase

3) Also in the vrrpAssociatedIpAddrTable for both VR 1 and VR 2 a row should
be added for address Y and X respectively.

4) Accept Mode probably needs to be added to the VrrpOperationsEntry

5) A virtual router is identified by Version, Vrid, and ifIndex.  Can we
really identify the virtual router an entry in the vrrpAssociatedIpAddrTable
is associated with without the version?  Is it supposed to be inferred from
the vrrpAssociatedIpAddrType?  If version is added as an index it will also
need to be added to the examples in section 8.

6)  In the vrrpAssociatedIpAddrType description: The latest version of the
draft for VRRP for IPv6 allows multiple IPv6 addresses for a virtual router.
I think this implies that IPv6 is a possible value for
vrrpAssociatedIpAddrType.

7) Although authorization has been deprecated a vrrpStatisticsInvldAuthType
statistic might still be useful.

Steve Bates
Alcatel Internetworking
801-287-8934