List:       ietf-vrrp
Subject:    Re: Re: your mail
From:       "Casey S. Ajalat" <cajalat () genuity ! com>
Date:       2002-06-12 18:35:49

Ramana,

The link is not confusing if you think of it this way:

VRRP does exactly what you expect it to do.  What they're talking about
that might be confusing is the extensions to VRRP which really also
accomplish the same thing but for VIPs.  Nothing about load balancing.  The
VIPs themselves are part of the load balancing process but all VRRP
provides is redundancy for those VIPs.

They do mention Load Sharing but that is an external process to
VRRP.  They're sending traffic flows to VIPs in an ACTIVE/ACTIVE
configuration of load balancers.  That can be accomplished via OSPF.

I hope that helps.

Casey