List:       ietf-tls
Subject:    Re: [TLS] Last Call: <draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate-04.txt> (Deprecating MD5 and SHA-1 signature
From:       tom petch <daedulus () btconnect ! com>
Date:       2020-10-16 8:56:34

I think that the first sentence could be improved.

'The MD5 and SHA-1 hashing algorithms are steadily weakening ...' sounds
as if they are under attack from electrolytic corrosion or the
death-watch beatle.

I suggest
NEW
'The MD5 and SHA-1 hashing algorithms are increasingly vulnerable to
attack and this document deprecates their use in TLS 1.2 digital
signatures.'

And

/This draft/This document/

Tom Petch