List:       ietf-tls
Subject:    [TLS] =?utf-8?q?Draft_for_SM_cipher_suites_used_in_TLS1=2E3?=
From:       Paul Yang <kaishen.yy=40antfin.com () dmarc ! ietf ! org>
Date:       2019-08-15 14:16:54

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

[Attachment #4 (text/plain)]

Hi all,

I have submitted a new internet draft to introduce the SM cipher suites into TLS 1.3 \
protocol.

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yang-tls-tls13-sm-suites-00

SM cryptographic algorithms are originally a set of Chinese national algorithms and \
now have been (or being) accepted by ISO as international standards, including SM2 \
signature algorithm, SM3 hash function and SM4 block cipher. These algorithms have \
already been supported some time ago by several widely used open source cryptographic \
libraries including OpenSSL, BouncyCastle, Botan, etc.

Considering TLS1.3 is being gradually adopted in China's internet industry, it's \
important to have a normative definition on how to use the SM algorithms with TLS1.3, \
especially for the mobile internet scenario. Ant Financial is the company who \
develops the market leading mobile app 'Alipay' and supports payment services for \
Alibaba e-commerce business. We highly are depending on the new TLS1.3 protocol for \
both performance and security purposes. We expect to have more deployment of TLS1.3 \
capable applications in China's internet industry by this standardization attempts.

It's very appreciated to have comments from the IETF TLS list :-)

Many thanks!