List:       ietf-tls
Subject:    Re: [TLS] TLS 1.0
From:       Hubert Kario <hkario () redhat ! com>
Date:       2018-01-10 13:50:19

On Tuesday, 9 January 2018 20:48:29 CET Ilari Liusvaara wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 09, 2018 at 08:52:25AM -0800, Jason Mitchell wrote:
> >  Hello,
> >
> > I'm actually looking for a list of browsers that still support TLS 1.0.
> > Any information that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
>
> I think all browsers (outside some research stuff) support TLS 1.0.
> After all, TLS 1.0 is still the most widely implemented TLS version
> in the web serverside (TLS 1.2 is projected to overtake it in a few
> months).
>
> Basically, not supporting TLS 1.0 would cause horrible failure rates
> (and this also goes for some other very broken stuff like static RSA).
>

> This certainly includes the newest versions of (the full list would be
> pretty much the same as list of browsers):
>
> - Firefox (and its derivates)
> - Chrome (and Chromium)
> - Internet Explorer
> - Opera
> - Edge
> - Safari
> - Konqueror
>
> And many lesser-known browsers.
>

> On the positive side, even semi-recent versions of all the listed
> browsers do support TLS 1.2.
>

> (Debian unstable a few months ago was such that if you installed
> Konqueror from the repository, TLS 1.0 was hard-disabled in it).

There is plan to disable TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 in Fedora 28:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/StrongCryptoSettings

Debian unstable did that for OpenSSL already:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2017/08/msg00004.html

So 2018 may be the first year we see at least some major browsers deployed
with TLS 1.0 support disabled by default.

--
Regards,
Hubert Kario