List:       ietf-tls
Subject:    [TLS] ipr disclosure: draft-ietf-tls-applayerprotoneg
From:       Sean Turner <TurnerS () ieca ! com>
Date:       2014-05-23 22:03:50

All,

I would like to make the WG aware of a potential IPR issues with =
draft-ietf-tls-applayerprotoneg, which is in the RFC editor=92s queue. =
On May 12th and 13th, INEOVATION filed IPR disclosures:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2357/
http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2359/
The IPR concerns are that the "document defines an extension to =
negotiate the application layer type in a similar way as described =
draft-ietf-tls-applayerprotoneg."

Given that this IPR was submitted/disclosed late in the process, I would =
like to get a sense of the WG as to whether it is OK to continue with =
the publication of the draft as-is.  Please respond by May 30th if you =
think the WG should not proceed.

spt=