List:       ietf-saag
Subject:    [saag] IETF 71 NEA WG summary
From:       "Stephen Hanna" <shanna () juniper ! net>
Date:       2008-03-12 17:29:21

The Network Endpoint Assessment (NEA) WG met at IETF 71
on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 from 9 AM to 11:30 AM EDT.

We reviewed changes made in draft-ietf-nea-requirements-06.txt
identified with those changes. They will be reviewed further
on the NEA WG email list.

The bulk of the meeting was spent reviewing the PB-TNC,
PA-TNC, and PA-TNC Security proposals. These were the
only responses to our request for protocol proposals
that meet the NEA requirements. After a good discussion
of the proposals, a consensus check showed a clear
consensus in the room to accept PB-TNC and PA-TNC as
WG drafts. For PA-TNC Security, the consensus was to
defer action for now. These decisions will be confirmed
on the NEA WG email list.

A new set of NEA WG milestones was reviewed. These have
previously been reviewed on the WG list and are almost
identical to the version reviewed at IETF 70. No concerns
have been raised so they will be submitted.