List:       ietf-nfsv4
Subject:    Re: [nfsv4] NFS4ERR_CLID_INUSE when SetClientID
From:       Trond Myklebust <trond.myklebust () fys ! uio ! no>
Date:       2004-12-15 0:58:48

ty den 14.12.2004 Klokka 15:52 (-0800) skreiv Mike Eisler:
> we all do with are web browsers. I'm far more certain of my
> in-kernel NFS client's authenticity then I am of my Firefox
> browser's (attackers can switch browsers easier than they
> can switch kernels) authenticity, and even so I trust
> my Firefox enough to to send my credit card and identification
> numbers over it.

They don't have to switch kernels in order to issue NFSv4 requests. All
they need is an RPC client library with rpcsec_gss capabilities.

Say, didn't someone at Sun once develop one of those ;-)

Cheers,
  Trond

--
Trond Myklebust <trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no>