List:       ietf-nfsv4
Subject:    Some proposed changes for the spec
From:       "Noveck, Dave" <Dave.Noveck () netapp ! com>
Date:       2002-06-06 23:37:35

Spencer has asked me to flesh out my proposals in

http://playground.sun.com/pub/nfsv4/nfsv4-wg-archive/2002/0200.html

Those changes are now available at

http://www.nfsv4.org/rfc3010updates/input/June5AsModifiedByDaveNoveck.txt

which is based on the June 5 spec.  Below is a running list of the
nature of all the changes layed out in spec order (for all of the
items combined).

For Proposal 6, in section 8.1.4, create a new first paragraph
before the existing one, to clarify the role of SETATTR in
all this (i.e. stateid's are not just for READ and WRITE any more).

For Proposal 1, in section 8.1.4, modified the (old) first paragraph
to clarify return of NFS4ERR_LOCKED.

For proposal 6, revised the first sentence of the (current)
second paragraph for greater clarity.

For Proposal 6, in section 8.1.4, add a new parapgraph, after
the first, explaining mandatory and advisory locks.

For Proposal 5, in section 8.1.4, add two new paragraphs (now the
fourth and fifth).

For Proposal 2, in section 8.1.4, modify the (old) second paragraph
(now the sixth), as specified below.

For proposal 6, in section 8.1.4, modify the current sixth paragraph
(was the second) by adding a sentence to make things clearer.

For Proposal 6, in section 8.1.4, add a sentence to the last paragraph
make things less vague.

For Proposal 5, in section 12, add a description of NFS4ERR_OPENMODE

For Proposal 1, in section 14.2.23 (READ), under ERRORS, delete
NFS4ERR_DENIED.

For Proposal 15, in section 14.2.23 (READ), under ERRORS, add
NFS4ERR_OPENMODE.

For Proposal 3, in section 14.2.32 (SETATTR), rewrite the second
paragraph under DESCRIPTION.

For Proposal 4, in section 14.2.32 (SETATTR), rewrite the last
paragraph under IMPLEMENTATION.

For proposal 1, in section 14.2.32 (SETATTR), under errors delete
NFS4ERR_DENIED and add NFS4ERR_LOCKED

For Proposal 5, in section 14.2.32 (SETATTR), under ERRORS, add
NFS4ERR_OPENMODE

For Proposal 1, in Section 14.2.36 (WRITE), under ERRORS, delete
NFS4ERR_DENIED

For Proposal 5, in section 14.2.36 (WRITE), under ERRORS, add
NFS4ERR_OPENMODE

For Proposal 5, in section 18, add a definition of NFS4ERR_OPENMODE