List:       ietf-nfsv4
Subject:    Re: lease period start / freeing of server state
From:       Eric Kustarz <Eric.Kustarz () eng ! sun ! com>
Date:       2001-09-21 21:15:37

>Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 15:38:52 -0500
>From: Spencer Shepler <shepler@eng.sun.com>
>To: nfsv4-wg@sunroof.eng.sun.com
>Subject: lease period start / freeing of server state
>
>On Fri, Sergey Klyushin wrote:

I agree but the wording needs to be changed a bit.  I think we need to
differentiate between when the lease starts for the client and server.  The
lease on the server technically starts at SETCLIENTID, is renewed at
SETCLIENTID_CONFIRM, and is then further renewed by the normal means as stated
in the spec (implicit and explicit renewals).

The lease on the client SHOULD start on its first state operation (OPEN with a
valid clientid), but the client MAY start its lease before that (after a
successful SETCLIENTID_CONFIRM).

eric