List:       ietf
Subject:    Re: The Point is Synthetic Datalinks not pure tropoducting: Where AI comes in: Use of Artificial Int
From:       John Curran <jcurran () istaff ! org>
Date:       2023-11-02 13:45:50

> On Nov 2, 2023, at 9:09 AM, Michael Richardson <mcr+ietf@sandelman.ca> wrote:
> …
>
> I don't know why you keep calling it "AI"
>
> You are just describing a routing protocol with a set of overlay networks.
> It's 1990-era technology.

Indeed.   We're seeing this happen quite a bit in recent months; i.e., normal logical \
decision making by computer algorithm being categorized as "Artificial \
Intelligence"….

One can either ascribe it to the recent surge in interest by the public in all things \
A.I. – (or perhaps to the fact that natural intelligence seems so rare nowadays \
that the threshold for demonstrating any form of "intelligence" really isn't that \
high anymore…!)

;-)
/John

p.s.  disclaimer: my views alone; this message composed of 100% recycled electrons.