List:       ietf
Subject:    Re: StandICT.eu funding on offer
From:       Vittorio Bertola <vittorio.bertola=40open-xchange.com () dmarc ! ietf ! org>
Date:       2021-05-10 9:33:00

> Il 08/05/2021 19:00 Pete Resnick <resnick@episteme.net> ha scritto:
>
> The main page that Jay pointed to looks to me, at least at first glance,
> to be an announcement of an activity not sponsored or endorsed by ISOC
> or the IETF. In this case, it sounds like one that it would be good for
> IETF folks to know about, and we might agree ones like this in the
> future should not be looked sideways at. Are we OK with all Internet
> technology grant announcements on this list? What about job
> opportunities?

For clarity, StandICT is not a generic Internet technology grant covering expenses to \
develop a technology, which may include IETF costs but also many others. StandICT is \
a program specifically aimed at covering the costs of attending Internet \
standardization organizations, including the IETF.

I understand and share the sensitivity on not allowing "advertising" on this list, \
but I think that information about programs specifically designed to cover the costs \
of attending the IETF should be declared in topic, at least in terms of an \
announcement with pointers.

Optionally, this could even be extended to announcements about programs, tools and \
opportunities that could foster more diversity in the IETF, though that may prove too \
vague and open to abuse. I would dare to say that we could require such announcements \
to be vetted by the Executive Director in advance, but I'm sure that some will find \
that too centralized :-)

--
Vittorio Bertola | Head of Policy & Innovation, Open-Xchange
vittorio.bertola@open-xchange.com