List:       ietf
Subject:    RE: Genart last call review of draft-wu-l3sm-rfc8049bis-07
From:       Qin Wu <bill.wu () huawei ! com>
Date:       2017-10-26 14:42:13

This is exactly what I like to clarify in the previous email, both authentication and \
key parameters defined in service model are only applicable to site connection(e.g., \
CE-PE connectivity) rather than secure channel or connection setup between customer \
and the management system (Let's say orchestrator).

So "authentication" described in the 3rd paragraph of section 6.9.2 is actually \
referred to message authentication that is applied to site-connection, one example of \
such authentication could be routing protocol authentication, Authentication \
parameter could be authentication type, authentication method, authentication \
algorithm. using PSK within encryption of service model, in my understanding could be \
used to prove identity arranged between CE and PE for CE-PE connectivity. Note that \
for routing protocols, only key and authentication are discussed, e.g., some of work \
                produced in KARP.