List:       ietf
Subject:    RE: Secdir telechat review of draft-ietf-i2nsf-framework-08
From:       Linda Dunbar <linda.dunbar () huawei ! com>
Date:       2017-10-25 15:47:56

Daniel,

Thank you for your time reviewing this document. Obviously you opinions on the value \
of publication are different from the WG consensus.  The draft-ietf-i2nsf-framework \
describes the framework that glues together multiple detailed drafts describing \
different aspects of Interface to Network Security functions, such as   \
draft-ietf-i2nsf-capability-00, 	 draft-abad-i2nsf-sdn-ipsec-flow-protection-03, \
draft-hares-i2nsf-capability-data-model-04, \
draft-kim-i2nsf-nsf-facing-interface-data-model-03, etc.

In addition, several recent industry initiatives are referencing I2NSF to guide their \
next step work. Such as ONUG (Open Network User Group) Software Defined Security \
Services and Linux Foundation's OSC (Open Security Controller).  This is one example \
that IETF is leading the industry. Without publishing draft-ietf-i2nsf-framework, it \
is not easy for the industry other initiatives to utilize the specifications (in many \
pieces) published by IETF.

Linda Dunbar