List:       ietf
Subject:    RE: [OPSAWG] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-opsawg-service-model-explained-03
From:       "Adrian Farrel" <adrian () olddog ! co ! uk>
Date:       2017-09-27 10:34:21

Thanks Robert,

> I don't have text to suggest, but please look at the first bullet of section
5.
> The explanation here was less helpful than the other bullets. Demonstrating
the
> confusion due to the reuse of the word "service" doesn't help clarify the
> confusion. I wonder if there's more conversation that hasn't been captured
that
> this paragraph is alluding to.

Yes, the paragraph is not as clear as it could be. We were trying to distinguish
between different uses of the word "service" where we are primarily interested
in connectivity services achieved by manipulating the network resources, and not
value-added services provided using other resources (compute, storage, ...) that
are reachable over the network.

I have tried to make this a bit clearer.

> (nit) I also suggest raising the level of abstraction in the security
> consideration section where it currently lists authorization, authentication,
> and encryption by speaking initially to what, and calling the how out as a
> detail.

OK

Adrian