List:       ietf
Subject:    NomCom 2017-2018: Current slate of nominees
From:       NomCom Chair 2017 <nomcom-chair-2017 () ietf ! org>
Date:       2017-09-27 4:10:50

Based on discussions on the main IETF mailing list and internal to the NomCom itself, \
we've decided to publish the current list of IESG, IAB, and IAOC nominees who have \
accepted their nominations.  It is our hope that in doing so, we will encourage even \
more potential nominees to consider running for a position on one of those bodies.  \
We are doing so now so that prospective nominees will have sufficient time to jump \
through whatever organizational or personal hoops may be necessary in order to be \
able to stand for one of the open positions.

The timeline remains the same: nominations close on October 8th.  Nominee \
questionnaires are due by October 13th.  And community feedback will start on October \
14th.  We have decided not to change the feedback start date in order to give all \
nominees the potential for the same amount of community attention, regardless of when \
they were nominated and accepted the nomination.

The current nominees who have accepted their nominations are (in first name \
alphabetical order):

IAB Member

 o  Barry Leiba
 o  Brian Trammell
 o  Martin Thomson
 o  Melinda Shore
 o  Ted Hardie

ART AD

 o  Adam Roach
 o  Alexey Melnikov
 o  Barry Leiba

Internet AD

 o  Suresh Krishnan

Management AD

 o  Ignas Bagdonas
 o  Linda Dunbar
 o  Qin Wu

Routing AD

 o  Andrew Malis
 o  Joel Halpern
 o  Susan Hares

Security AD

 o  Daniel Migault
 o  Kathleen Moriarty
 o  Rich Salz

Transport AD

 o  Mirja Kühlewind

As you can see, we are thin on nominees for some of the positions, so the NomCom \
requests that if you know of someone who might be a potential nominee, please make a \
submission at https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2017/nominate/.  And if you have \
been nominated and have not yet responded to that nomination (either by accepting or \
declining), please do so at your earliest convenience.

The NomCom thanks everyone for their support.

Peter Yee
NomCom Chair 2017-18
nomcom-chair-2017 at ietf dot org
peter at akayla dot com