List:       ietf
Subject:    BOF proposals due June 2
From:       IETF Chair <chair () ietf ! org>
Date:       2017-05-26 20:38:04

I wanted to remind everyone that the deadline for submitting proposals for "Birds of \
a Feather" (BOF) sessions at IETF 99 is in one week: June 2 at 23:59 . Instructions \
for submitting your proposal are available at \
https://ietf.org/iesg/bof-procedures.html \
<https://ietf.org/iesg/bof-procedures.html>. Please also read \
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5434 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5434>, \
Considerations for Having a Successful Birds-of-a-Feather Session, if you are not \
familiar with it.

We have a number of ways of bringing new work into the IETF and BOFs are just one of \
them, so please talk to an area director (https://ietf.org/iesg/members.html \
<https://ietf.org/iesg/members.html>) about your idea if you're thinking about \
proposing a BOF.

As the IESG recently noted \
(https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/pf3iqgJIHsC0f984mBC1VE4-mBs \
<https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/pf3iqgJIHsC0f984mBC1VE4-mBs>), we will be \
experimenting at IETF 99 with a side meeting room available with first-come \
first-served advance online sign-up, rather than using area director approval for \
allocation of rooms for side meetings. If you were already thinking about asking for \
AD approval for a side meeting room, please get in touch with an area director to \
discuss the FCFS room, a non-WG-forming BOF proposal, or other options.

Alissa Cooper
IETF Chair