List:       ietf
Subject:    Fwd: iOS IMAP IDLE (Standard "Push Email") Deficiency, Explanation?
From:       Sabahattin Gucukoglu <mail () sabahattin-gucukoglu ! com>
Date:       2010-10-04 17:18:22

Maybe my hubris got the better of me, but I didn't bargain for a =
complete surprise.  Well, anyway, we know now why Apple does not =
implement IMAP IDLE in iOS.  I've clearly been spending too much time =
around the IETF, to find Mr. Job's explanation to be completely =
incomprehensible. :-)

(Please let me know if the Message/RFC822 part didn't come through right =
- thanks.)

I want to ask anybody who feels strongly to the contrary to please not =
attack the sender (and the messenger either if you can help it :-) ).  I =
guess I'm stuck waiting 15 minutes for new mail notifications, and =
running my battery down.  I'm not forwarding my mail anywhere or running =
Exchange (or a clone).  The latter, in particular, is a power-hungry =
option ...

Cheers,
Sabahattin

["Re: iOS IMAP IDLE (Standard \" (Re: iOS IMAP IDLE (Standard \)]