List:       ietf
Subject:    Re: Editors vs Authors vs Contributors,	was: ANNOUNCEMENT: The IETF
From:       Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-01-22 20:43:23

Julian,

On 2009-01-23 05:40, Julian Reschke wrote:
> That leaves us with the question whether any contributor (IPR-wise)
> needs to be called "author". Not sure about that. But if we don't call
> them authors, they should be listed in a agreed-upon place in the spec.

For minor contributors, the Acknowledgments section seems appropriate,
and that follows normal practice in all kinds of publications.

> Because of the IPR implications, that probably should also include
> contact info, just as for authors.

That would only arise for pre-RFC5378 text that is subject to the
disclaimer clause *and* fails a "fair use" test. But it isn't much use
anyway - the contact info in almost every older RFC is obsolete.

    Brian