List:       ietf
Subject:    Re: Improving the IETF [was Re: Uneccesary slowness. ]
From:       "Tom Petch" <nwnetworks () dial ! pipex ! com>
Date:       2005-05-19 18:05:57

Only one. Pay more attention to the choice of Working Group chair, in particular
their non-technical, non-engineering capabilities.

When everything goes well, engineering excellence is all we need.  When things
go wrong- a WG gets stuck, goes round in circles, produces unacceptable drafts
and such like - it is non-technical skills that are needed to resolve the
situation; sometimes they are present in good quality, sometimes otherwise.

Tom Petch