List:       ids
Subject:    IDS: Re: Re: Re: NAI & McAfee hacked.
From:       "bacano" <bacano () esoterica ! pt>
Date:       2000-12-17 11:09:23

Archive: http://msgs.securepoint.com/ids
FAQ IDS: http://www.sans.org/newlook/resources/IDFAQ/ID_FAQ.htm
FAQ NIDS: http://www.ticm.com/kb/faq/idsfaq.html
IDS: http://www-rnks.informatik.tu-cottbus.de/~sobirey/ids.html
HELP: Having problems... email questions to ids-owner@uow.edu.au
NOTE: Remove this section from reply msgs otherwise the msg will bounce.
SPAM: DO NOT send unsolicted mail to this list.
Of course the problem is not only based in Brazil, thats not the point, the
point is that NAI as a security vendor, and having in their products not
only IDS but other kind of security applications, did they let that ISP
without the proper protection? or were they protected with NAI products and
that wasnt enough? if so, was it a software problem or a humanware problem?
IMHO, NAI must clarify that properly or else this episode can stole them
some customers.

Jaspion's concerns rise other interesting question, should we trust in
security vendors site mirrors? are they secure as the main site? or can we
ask, is the main site as weak as the mirrors?

But as Andy pointed out, Eeye was hit on the primary site, so probably this
is not even a 'mirrors issue'. The nasty question is: are security vendors
secure? seems not ...

Just as a side note, while Microsoft and NAI hits dont take my sweet sleep
... Eeye defacement had broke my heart, as much as the Metallica defacement
... its a religious issue here :P~

[  ]'s bacano

P.S. - i wonder if Marc will start a holly war? you know i'm here!! eheheh