List:       ids
Subject:    IDS: Mime-Version: 1.0
From:       Hui zhu <zhu001 () ureach ! com>
Date:       2000-10-29 2:06:50

Archive: http://msgs.securepoint.com/ids
FAQ: http://www.ticm.com/kb/faq/idsfaq.html
IDS: http://www-rnks.informatik.tu-cottbus.de/~sobirey/ids.html
HELP: Having problems... email questions to ids-owner@uow.edu.au
NOTE: Remove this section from reply msgs otherwise the msg will bounce.
SPAM: DO NOT send unsolicted mail to this list.
Thank you all for your information.

I just want to deploy as many security software as possible,
they shouls include some commercial software and freeware.
Our network is veru big and complex. we have 10+ class c, I can
not get the inventory of our network, so I need a software that
can
scan the system first for all the servers which can give me the
information of IP-domain name map, operating system, open port,
software of
port. Also, it should give a detail and elegant report. Depend
on this I can perform penetration testing and other security
management.

I have tried some scanning software, But I can not get what I
want.

Surely, IDS including Snort and a commercial one will be
installed. Most popular free security software will aslo
included, such as nmap, nessus.

To Retina, I try the trial version, it can not give the
operatiing system type and the software running on different
port. It also can not scan all the port and give a list of live
port. Maybe it is my configuration error or the limit of trial
version.

Thanks again.

Zhu Hui
Information Security AnalystSingapore Network Service