List:       ids
Subject:    IDS: RealSecure Fast Analysis
From:       "Klaus, Chris (ISSAtlanta)" <CKlaus () iss ! net>
Date:       2001-11-16 16:12:15

Archive: http://msgs.securepoint.com/ids
FAQ IDS: http://www.sans.org/newlook/resources/IDFAQ/ID_FAQ.htm
FAQ NIDS: http://www.ticm.com/kb/faq/idsfaq.html
IDS: http://www-rnks.informatik.tu-cottbus.de/~sobirey/ids.html
HELP: Having problems... email questions to ids-owner@uow.edu.au
NOTE: Remove this section from reply msgs otherwise the msg will bounce.
SPAM: DO NOT send unsolicted mail to this list.
We've been listening to our customers and they kept asking,"How do I analyze
all these events from my RealSecure IDS?"  and "How do I track these
incidents?".  With that, Internet Security Systems has developed a new
innovative technology to help solve these problems. We are starting to get
great feedback from early users of this technology.

RealSecure FastAnalysis is a free add-on module that works with both
SAFEsuite Decisions and RealSecure 6.0 and will become apart of RealSecure
SiteProtector.

RealSecure FastAnalysis module makes it possible to analyze large quantities
of IDS events in a simplified method called "GUIDED DATA ANALYSIS".  Anyone
can now drill down easily and make sense of what activity and attacks are
happening.  With the built-in incident and exceptions management system, it
helps document and track patterns of activity.

Features and Benefits include:
		*	Intuitive views allow consolidated views
representing millions of IDS events and ability to drill down into the data
and discover attack patterns.
		*	Incident Management Tracking allows easy documenting
and tracking of real attack incidents.
		*	Exceptions feature allows the user filter out known
and expected activity from the analysis view forever.
		*	Context sensitive drill down menus guide the user
through the data. Reduces time to find actual attacks in the data for both
security pros and beginners.
		*	Easily consolidate and correlate IDS data to find
the following needles in the haystack: Low and slow attackers, multiple
attackers attacking a single target, a compromised target that launches
attacks.

ISS is looking for feedback on RealSecure FastAnalysis.  If you try it and
want to provide comments, suggestions, report bugs, please email
enhancements@iss.net <mailto:enhancements@iss.net>.

You can get a copy from the customer download page or on evaluation page
under Intrusion Detection at:

<https://www.iss.net/cgi-bin/download/evaluation/evaluation-select.cgi>

Thanks,
ck

Christopher W. Klaus
Founder and CTO
Internet Security Systems (ISS)
6303 Barfield Road
Atlanta, GA 30328
Phone: 404-236-4051 Fax: 404-236-2637
web http://www.iss.net
NASDAQ: ISSX

Internet Security Systems ~ The Power To Protect