List:       icu
Subject:    Re: Feedback wanted: fix approach for JB 4255?
From:       "Mark Davis" <mark.davis () jtcsv ! com>
Date:       2004-12-02 0:35:52

1. For the format issue for dialects, I posted a proposal to the CLDR list.

2. As far as distinguishing between nl-BE and nl_BE-BE, or nl-BE_BE, or
nl_BE_nl, etc. First, RFC 3066 and RFC 3066 bis don't allow anything but the
first one. And we have never seen a convincing case that one needs to
express anything but the first (short of going to a much more customized
locale structure, which would require much more than a simple list of
items). If you want to bring this up during our weekly cldr meetings we can
discuss then.

3. For RFC 3066 support, the first thing we will want to add in cldr is
localizations for the UN region codes (there is a bug filed for that). We
can start to look at localizations of extensions and private use, but I
don't think those are a real priority. On the other hand, I think fairly
natural extensions of our current structure would handle them, so I don't
anticipate much of a problem.

‎Mark