List:       icu
Subject:    Re: Using UCOL_SHIFTED
From:       Vladimir Weinstein <weiv () jtcsv ! com>
Date:       2002-10-17 14:51:09

No. It is automatically set to the UCA default value:
D800 DF22; [17 99, 05, 05]

D800 DF23; [17 9B, 05, 05]

[variable top = 179B] # END OF VARIABLE SECTION!!!

02D0; [1A 20, 05, 05]

02D1; [1A 22, 05, 05]

Which means that all the collation elements that have primaries less
than or equal to 179B will be variable in shifted mode.

This is usually an acceptable positioning for most uses. If you need to
ignore less or more code points, move variable top.

Regards,
v.

Vladimir Weinstein, IBM GCoC-Unicode/ICU  San Jose, CA weiv@jtcsv.com