List:       icu
Subject:    RE: Proposal: change the install location of some ICU tools
From:       Yves Arrouye <yves () realnames ! com>
Date:       2002-04-11 22:45:53

> It sounds to me like the following are the clearest candidates for
> $(sbindir):
>
> > /usr/sbin/genuca
> > /usr/sbin/genprops
> > /usr/sbin/gennames
> > /usr/sbin/gennorm
> > /usr/sbin/gentz
>

> These tools build per-release or per-Unicode-version etc. data and need
> not run otherwise.

Yes. And even if they are needed by somebody who is building some very
specific thing, like a changed time zone file, or custom/fixed properties, I
think it's fine to have them fetch the admin tools. Not bundling them would
prevent people from having that option, but they shouldn't be needed except
in very very special cases.

YA