List:       icu
Subject:    RE: icu api for properties, take 2
From:       Yves Arrouye <yves () realnames ! com>
Date:       2002-03-06 6:30:24

BTW, I missed Markus's reply when I added to Doug's email. Sorry. I am lost
in Bangkok stuck doing email using a Web interface that crashes my browser
every time I hit "Send". Oh well.

I am find with just a few functions for the "famed 'normal user'" (if there
is such a beast anyway; but that's a subject for a philosophy dissertation).

And re:

> The similarity between old APIs like u_isspace and u_isWhitespace vs. new
ones like u_isUWhiteSpace is unfortunate but impossible to avoid.

And I am pretty sure some of the u_isXxxxx() are useful and may not be
matched correctly by the new properties. If that is the case, and for
consistency's sake, I am advocating adding a few UCHAR_ICU_XXXX to be able
to refer to these using the property API.

YA