List:       icu
Subject:    RE: Layout engine headers
From:       Eric Mader <mader () jtcsv ! com>
Date:       2001-09-27 0:13:06

At 02:37 PM 9/26/2001, Carl W. Brown wrote:
>Eric,
>
>When I build ICU an Windows with "allinone" I do not get layout built.  I
>have to build layout separately.  Is there an installation verification test
>for layout?

Layout was added as a dependency of "all" post 1.8.1, sorry about that...

Making a verification test for layout that we can distribute is a bit of a
problem. Layout reads font tables to do what it does, so any test we ship
would need to include the fonts. So far, we haven't found any interesting
fonts which we can legally distribute with the test. (Most "interesting"
fonts have Open Type tables; there aren't many free OT fonts around as far
as I know)

If you want, I can send you the test program and tell you what fonts it
needs, but I can't give you the fonts.

>Carl

Eric