List:       ibm-acpi-devel
Subject:    Re: [ibm-acpi-devel] Avoid critical temp shutdowns on
From:       Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh () hmh ! eng ! br>
Date:       2008-07-31 13:19:41

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008, Chris Hanson wrote:
> I'm wondering if this thread is about something similar to a problem
> I've seen.  My T61p often locks up when the outside temperature is
> high or when it is humid, and the CPU temperature is high (but less
> than 85C).  Is this like the symptom you're addressing?

No.  I can't tell you why your T61p is locking up, it could be either a
hardware, firmware or softare problem.  But it is not an issue with the
termal limits on ACPI.

But DO keep an eye on *all* the thermal readings you get from thinkpad-acpi.
I have seen some ThinkPads with a defective heat sink let the GPU exceed
85°C, etc.

You should ask around in the linux-thinkpad ML and the thinkpad forums to
check if others have the same problem.

And, by all means, update your BIOS and EC firmware to the latest.

  Henrique Holschuh