List:       ibm-acpi-devel
Subject:    Re: [ibm-acpi-devel] Thinkpad ACPI
From:       Chris Jones <cmsj () tenshu ! net>
Date:       2008-03-27 1:06:03

Hi

Jerone Young wrote:
> This should work .. or last I checked it did. It emulates a PROGRAM_1
> key press. So you have to map the key press to something. If your
> using gnome you can go to keyboard shortcuts and map it to something.

gnome's keyboard shortcuts capplet doesn't see anything, nor does xev.

> This has been fixed in kernel.org git and apparently is now in Hardy
> kernel (so you'll see it in the next kernel update ... probably in the

I've seen some suggestion that the LED support isn't completely generic,
so I'm holding out to see if it is actually fixed for the X300.
I'll be doing a full build of hardy kernel and lum git tomorrow, to see
how well that and the backlight fix are doing.

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones
   cmsj@tenshu.net